Hey new brewer here from CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumike102

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post on here and I am pretty new to home brewing. Just drank my first brew and it came out pretty well. Have another batch at home waiting to be bottled. Can't wait. Im relatively young for a brewer at least I think. I'm 22 and I dont know many people my age doing this but its a great hobby to get into. Nothing like the feeling of brewing your own beer from scratch and then drinking it. Well I hope to learn a lot here and share my experiences with brewing.

Thanks,
Mike
:mug:

Welcome to the site. Lot of information and opinions here, I've been brewing for several years and I still learn things from reading through all the posts. Good to see another New Englander on the site!

hey Mike, Welcome ... I'm just restarting to brew again after about 10 years- this place has a lot of good info and people who can answer almost any question.

If I can help at all let me know - I live in Milford too.

Tim

O I know already, as soon as i bottle a batch i start a new batch. Its a hobby me and my brother do together.

drumike102 said:
Hey guys,

This is my first post on here and I am pretty new to home brewing. Just drank my first brew and it came out pretty well. Have another batch at home waiting to be bottled. Can't wait. Im relatively young for a brewer at least I think. I'm 22 and I dont know many people my age doing this but its a great hobby to get into. Nothing like the feeling of brewing your own beer from scratch and then drinking it. Well I hope to learn a lot here and share my experiences with brewing.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike:

Me and my buddy are both 25 and we just started getting into this. I'm up in Vernon and he's in East Hartford, so we're relatively close to you. There are a couple brewing stores within a few miles of us.

My first ever batch (an Irish Stout) has been bottled for 2 weeks, it's decent but very hoppy. My second batch (American Microbrew-style Pale) just hit bottles yesterday. This weekend I'm planning on making my first ever non-box recipes, a Rasberry Wheat and a Chocolate Honey Porter. I'm pretty psyched. It's a really addictive hobby and I'm learning more every day. Nice to see another young'un from CT on board!

Connor

drumike102 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome to the forum--and don't worry about the age, I'm 21 and started homebrewing the day I turned 21 (literally). By the way, my girlfriend's dad lives in Milford--if you can get out to Monroe, they have a great homebrew store out there (http://www.maltose.com Welcome again.

24 here, and brewing a few miles north of you in Wallingford.

I've got about 10 extract batches under the belt, and am in the process of building an AG setup.

Your stuck for life.... this is the black hole of hobbies.

Word to your mother!

I am from West Haven, but all my brewing efforts occur just outside of Storrs. I was unaware of HBS's in the West Haven area.

:cross: Hey Good to have another Connecticutian around here. I'm Alex from Newtown. Also was blessed to live less than 2 miles from Maltose Express in Monroe. They're gonna start charging me rent if I go there anymore...

CMB_2006 said:
:cross: Hey Good to have another Connecticutian around here. I'm Alex from Newtown. Also was blessed to live less than 2 miles from Maltose Express in Monroe. They're gonna start charging me rent if I go there anymore...

Man, you have all the luck. Maltose is about an hour away--the closest HBS I have is in the basement of the TrueValue hardware store in Eastchester, NY. And really, their selection is pretty lame.

well a little late but i have add myself

25 in meriden and have made 4 batches, going with a keg setup now

Well just got a keg setup and kegged for my first time. Man that sure is a lot easier than bottling. Now im on to make a kegerator. Anyone know of a good fridge to make a kegerator out of. I have a minifridge from college but its kinda small and can barely fit one keg. Ive read the threads on here about them but i can never find the fridges they talk about. If anyone around me has made a kegerator please share your experience and let me know where you got your stuff.

cnbudz said:
Definitely good to see a few CT people here. Maltose is definitely a great store. All of us CT guys should do a local HB swap.

Sounds like a good idea. I guess I need to put some hooch into bottles :)

Back