HERMS: Hardware & Connection Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awoitte

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure how the small pieces fit in the Compression Bulkhead Connector, can someone with a better understanding clarify?

Also, there is only one washer, is the setup in my other photo accurate for how it should go on once I connect the coil on the inside using the hardware?

Thanks,

Attachments

• HERMS ass..jpg
    HERMS ass..jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 201
  • HERMS Ass1.jpg
    HERMS Ass1.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 159
so it goes nut then small then big, the narrow end towards the pot wall
I just don't want to damage anything.. So I believe I understand that the larger one goes in second, and the smaller end is facing away from the HERMS coil, or toward the kettle wall. For the small one, in my photo the more lip'd end is facing up, and I think it's that side that goes into the nut first, can you confirm?

Wish there were better instructions, Lol I suppose there's one way to figure it out...

Last edited:
yeah you're lucky to get any kind of good instructions in homebrewing, wait until you get into electrical ,most parts came from other trades like plumbing, heating and cooling who had professionals putting things together and know what their doing, we on the other hand generally don't until we figure it out and get that ah ha moment

After watching 10 different videos that had hardware that didn't equate to mine, I finally found this one. Shows exactly the same hardware I have and helped me understand what I needed to do!

Time for water testing this weekend

If it wasn't for that picture on Bobby's site I would have been the OP of a similar thread back when I was installing the herms on my hlt a few years ago...

Cheers!

Back