here is the What did i do wrong thread! lol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jm9301

Reaction score
I was hoping i wouldnt have to make this thread!! lol oh well

i cracked the first one after it fermenting for 2 weeks, then bottle for a week, then fridge for 4 days. i only put 1 bottle in the fridge because i have no patience and need to try it.

Well the flavour of the beer is actually not too bad, a little weak.

The carbonation is where i have problems. It is carbonated, but a small ammount, and it tastes pretty weak as a result. I did as suggested, and put 3/4 cup of sugar in boiling water, and then into my bucket, before bottling. my question is, is it going to continue to carbonate? or am i stuck with all this weak beer? im guessing i didnt fill the bottles enough. if its not, can i do anything to further carbonate it?

What you did was not wait long enough. 21 days minimum to bottle carb at 72 deg. Step away from the beer and leave it alone for at least another 14 day. It will continue to carbonate. It might not be done at 3 weeks it could take 6.

Patience Grasshopper.

I second what lapaglia said.
Of course trying one brew a week will allow you to see the difference, and be able to recognize the issue next time you encounter it. (I can't help but "test" my beer, its research).

although the yeast ferment the priming sugar really fast, it takes time for the resulting Co2 to dissolve back into the beer...hence the 3 weeks....ah, patience!

what i have been doing also is taking a little bit of trub off the botton of my CONICAL & mixing it in. I let a beer go a little too long & had some beers with no carbonation

Back