Hercules™ S.S. triple feed IC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuS.S. Brewing Equipment

Bender of copper
Reaction score
Introducing our new Hercules™ immersion wort chiller! Hercules™ is three, 25' of 3/8" O.D. 304 S.S. tubing fed chilling water in parallel and constructed entirely out of 304 stainless steel (the garden hose fittings are brass, but removable). Pricing and chilling times will be up on our website soon!
Hercules™.jpg

Sorry about that, should have added a "coming soon" to that. I am hoping for a pre-Christmas release and it is looking like it will be $299.95 for the all stainless version and, as with all our products, this will include shipping. There will be an option to swap out the stainless manifold fittings for copper manifolds (the two fittings where the hose clamp is), that will bring the price under $240 (that one isn't set yet and yes, just those two fittings are freaking expensive). I know this isn't going to be in the budget for a lot of people, but it is something that has been consistently requested for a while now and I wanted to finally build an all stainless version of a triple feed chiller. Once I get done with the testing phase, I will add it to the website with more info.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Thanks for the update. It would be great to see a chilling time to 80F or 50F comparison between the triple-feed chiller and a normal 50' chiller. If the difference is large, that might help garner interest.

How is it to clean? The compact design is useful but it seems it might trap a lot of gunk as well.

At some point, I will do a few test runs against a single coil SS chiller, for sure.

As for cleaning, it is super easy. Save the first 5 or 6 gallons of chilling water exiting the chiller in a bucket and let the chiller sit in that after you are done chilling. You need to make sure that the height of the water in the bucket is higher than the level of your wort in your brew kettle (the only place hops and break material really stick to the chiller is right at the surface of the wort in your kettle). After a few minute soak, just shake the chiller up and down in the hot water for a few seconds and you should be good to go. If you forget and let the chiller dry before doing the rinse, you can just boil water in your kettle and let the chiller sit in there for a few minutes, then shake it up and down to remove any debris.

For my usage, 5" or less would be ideal for the coil height because I occasionally make 2.5 gal batches, but I could live with 8-9".

I would also like the vertical piping as close to the edge of the chiller as possible.

Probably many of us wanting a stainless rapid chiller use a floating device (cap) to reduce exposed surface area of the wort during chilling, so the closer to the edge the vertical tubing is, the more we can reduce surface area with a round cap.

Example:
IMG_0686~2.JPG

... Or if you want to make custom caps for us .... another business opportunity.

Thanks for your work on this! Please keep us updated.
Cheers

Last edited:
In case anyone out there cares, I got this reply via email:

"It is still coming, but Christmas orders have gotten in the way of further progress on the SS chiller. It is still going to happen, it is just paused for the moment."

Bummer.

I would still like to see a comparison heads up vs a reg 50' 1/2" SS chiller. That's what I currently have and will likely use, but if this is a good bit faster I could spend the money

Latest posts

Back