Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
If you've been in the hobby a while, you may know that I was one of the OG brewtubers. I would never suggest that my content was particularly ground breaking or special, but it was out there pretty early (2007). It was never going to be a career in and of itself, but I was earning some ad revenue every month and I'd take my kids out for a nice dinner on it. My business started taking more of my time and I couldn't really keep making as many videos. Recently I found out that Youtube just stripped my revenue status claiming lack of content but still put ads on all my old content. That's messed up. I've been trying to put more video up but it seems lame that Google gets to keep all the ad revenue. Anyway, if you care to help me out, you can help me get closer to the 4000 watch hours to remonetize the channel just by letting a few of my videos run. https://www.youtube.com/bobbyfromnj

I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Your youtube url is fine but the other link ends up here:

1681132013671.png

I'm going to leave a window doing a "Play All" videos from your YT page running in the background...

Cheers!

Hey @Bobby_M, does it matter if a single IP address generates a ton of video traffic? I just fired up 20 browser sessions all doing the "Play All" thing and it's flogging the piss out of my download pipe :)

Cheers!

So it looks like this tactic is holding water - I half expected browser sessions to fall off over time but they're all still running just fine. If I leave my workstation running 24 x 7 I should rack up almost 500 hours a day! :ban:

Cheers! (Hopefully I don't get a C&D letter from Verizon :D)

Just a thought: If you're looking for a subject for new material, how about staging all the different foaming issues people have with kegerators with the solutions? I've noticed a recent uptick on here of folk who either have too short lines, bad diptube o-rings, sankey coupler issues and all the usual culprits, and you've answered many. If you did a video of the proper setup with illustations of all the common failures, you could just post a link to answer and probably get some good viewer miles out of it.
BTW; I'm really enjoying some of those vids.. I've bookmarked it and will try and work my way through them all.

Just a thought: If you're looking for a subject for new material, how about staging all the different foaming issues people have with kegerators with the solutions? I've noticed a recent uptick on here of folk who either have too short lines, bad diptube o-rings, sankey coupler issues and all the usual culprits, and you've answered many. If you did a video of the proper setup with illustations of all the common failures, you could just post a link to answer and probably get some good viewer miles out of it.
BTW; I'm really enjoying some of those vids.. I've bookmarked it and will try and work my way through them all.
I have a lot of ideas for content which is why the wind got taken out of my sails when I realized Google would pocket the ad revenue on at least the first few. I totally understand new channels basically having to earn the monetization part of it but I already did that.

So it looks like this tactic is holding water - I half expected browser sessions to fall off over time but they're all still running just fine. If I leave my workstation running 24 x 7 I should rack up almost 500 hours a day! :ban:

Cheers! (Hopefully I don't get a C&D letter from Verizon :D)
I have no idea if multiple windows from the same IP adds watch hours or not. I was once more techy but I'm getting old.

Well that's good, because I did just a bit of looking around and came across this:

Do YouTube views count if you open the same video on multiple browsers (the same video multiple YT windows) on the same PC/IP address?

Yes but only if the multiple browsers that were opened were all signed in to youtube with different accounts. Each one would could as 1 view. Likewise those accounts would be limited to 1 view count.

I'll still let it rip overnight just for grins but I suspect most of it won't count...

Cheers!

Be careful. Youtube is pretty good at determining if tricks are used to inflate viewership. A huge spike at one time may look like a bunch of bots if folks aren't logged into their Google accounts.

Youtube channels can be a lot of work, but it's in the Google-sphere so we have to play by their rules. Best of luck to you and anyone else trying to scratch out a few bucks with it.

Back