Help!!! :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremybmx10

Reaction score
I started my new festa brew today its my 3rd kit , I went to the bathroom and told my girlfriend to pitch the yeast and gently stir it in like just push it down, i came back and well she sterd the f*ck out of it lol.. now i am scared that she possibly killed the yeast maybe or something because nothing is happening there is not a bubble at all in the fermentor all the wort is just still, nothing to make me think that any fermentation is happening.... I still love her thow:D WHAT DO I DO:O?

probably better to stir the f*** out of it as you say than to gently stir it in. The yeast need oxygen and a vigirous stiring will help provide that.
It should take about 24 hours before you see any activity in the airlock depending on the type of yeast you used.

No harm done there. I stir mine with a whisk until my arm starts to get sore.

+1^
What temperature was the wort when she pitched the yeast?

I guess you used dry yeast. Did you rehydrate or pitch the granules directly?
What yeast is it, brand and variety? Any clue how fresh it was? These are all important factors.

If the yeast was pitched into cooled (sub 90 F) wort, it should be fine. The more vigorous mixing, the better, though most would recommend that you rehydrate the dry yeast in sterile water before pitching for maximal yeast viability.

Take a gravity reading and see if it has gone down. That's the best way to determine activity!

thanks guys i showed her your posts she feels alot better now lol she felt like a ***** and was all worried she ****ed it up:D

Don't bother the beer right now. Dry pitching is okay, stirring is fine. If you pitched in temps above 90F though, then worry.

Don't make her feel bad. It would have sucked if it was harmful but in the end it is just beer and she's a person. I bet even the pitching could have waited until you went pee too. ;)

Haha no it should be fine ill wait a few days and see whats up and if nothings happening ill just repitch yeast:)!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Don't make her feel bad. It would have sucked if it was harmful but in the end it is just beer and she's a person. I bet even the pitching could have waited until you went pee too. ;)

+1

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back