Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredie_T

Reaction score
I am about to make a brewferm diablo beer. Just found out it only makes 9L of beer. Problem is I just popped the wyeast for it. Can anyone tell me if each pocket is for 18L and what would happen if I use 1k of brew enhancer. Or should I just half it? Any response would be great.

There should be no problem with using the wyeast pouch you have for a 9L batch. It is common practice to increase yeast cell count by making a yeast starter or using multiple pouches for a 18L batch. It really comes down to what your original gravity is for how many yeast cells you should start with.

The brew enhancer will increase your OG but you should still be fine with the one pouch.

I am about to make a brewferm diablo beer. Just found out it only makes 9L of beer. Problem is I just popped the wyeast for it. Can anyone tell me if each pocket is for 18L and what would happen if I use 1k of brew enhancer. Or should I just half it? Any response would be great.

I don't know what a pocket is, but the brewferm kits are for 9L. I would not do more than that and would not use a kilo of brew enhancer (I'm assuming that is just more malt extract), because the kit you have gives you a 1.075 original gravity to begin with, It is a big beer. Don't worry about the yeast, just use it.

when you siphon off your fermenter into secondary or into bottling bucket or however you finish your beer, just dump a new 18L beer right on top of the yeast sediment. That way you don't have to buy more yeast.

lemy said:
I don't know what a pocket is, but the brewferm kits are for 9L. I would not do more than that and would not use a kilo of brew enhancer (I'm assuming that is just more malt extract), because the kit you have gives you a 1.075 original gravity to begin with, It is a big beer. Don't worry about the yeast, just use it.

when you siphon off your fermenter into secondary or into bottling bucket or however you finish your beer, just dump a new 18L beer right on top of the yeast sediment. That way you don't have to buy more yeast.

If the OG is that high, lemy is right about not using the brew enhancer.

You can pitch a new beer on the yeast cake of this one if you want but I probably wouldn't. The yeast get pretty stressed out after living in high alcohol content and don't always behave the same the next time around.as a rule when I repitch yeast I go from light to dark and low OG to high OG.

Well I used 1k of the brew enhancer and it the go read 1.08 but will check again as soon as I pitch the yeast. I think my enhancer is 50/50 malt and sugar so may be ok.

Well I used 1k of the brew enhancer and it the go read 1.08 but will check again as soon as I pitch the yeast. I think my enhancer is 50/50 malt and sugar so may be ok.

So you did not add more water than what it called for or you did add more. If the original OG is 1.075 and now you have 1.080, then I guess you probably did not add more water. 1K isn't very much and I'm sure you will be fine.

Well it's been about 22 hours our rasberry wheat almost blew the top off our fermenter. But my real concern is that my diablo has no foam or bubbles going onion the fermenter. Any ideas? Or m I just being impatient.

Well I messed up. Can someone give me advise. I didn't put enough sugar to properly prime my beers and after a month they are still flat. Can I save them and how would I do it. I thought about popping the tops putting them back in a carbon with some sugar and yeast. Would it work?

Back