Help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hhh...maybe put it skin and all into water @175 for 20 minutes or so? Then peel it and throw it in? That's all I got.

You could boil it in 3-4 cups of water for 15 minutes or so. Cool it, dump the whole thing into your secondary and rack your primary onto it.

Boiling would make it all mushy I think. Freezing is a reasonable idea, though it's not guaranteed to kill off everything... Might be enough to do the trick if you're adding it to already fermented beer though.

Freeze it, and hit the outside with a torch, then shave off the burned parts with a sanitized spoon?

You could boil it in 3-4 cups of water for 15 minutes or so. Cool it, dump the whole thing into your secondary and rack your primary onto it.

+1. Who cares if it gets mushy? I don't think he's going for solid chunks of banana in the final product, but I could be wrong.

I have used this method with raspberries a few times and haven't had issues with it. I would imagine that 'banana pulp' would settle out the same way.

It does make me want to try and mess around with it...

Latest posts

Back