Help with wiring an outlet in a project box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seedubxj

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am wanting to build a project box to house an on/off switch for my pump. I'm an electrical novice but I can follow directions with the best of them.

Is there a good diagram floating around that could point me in the right direction?

TIA!

There should be a wiring diagram included in the packaging of your switch. Run your neutral (white wire) into the box and straight through to your pump or outlet on the box - it does not get switched. Run the hot (black wire) to one side of the switch - the side labeled LINE. From the other side of the switch (LOAD) run a wire to your pump or outlet on the box. The neutral (green or bare wire) - runs into your project box, runs to the greenish colored screw on the switch, and then also runs to your pump or outlet on the box.

You should be able to find a number of simple wiring diagrams with a simple Google search...

Back