Help With Water Profile and Conversion.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHbrewing

Reaction score
I am going to start using Spring RO water because I live on a drilled well system and my numbers are always changing. I requested a water profile sheet from the company and this is what they sent me

Water Profile Report

They use ug/L and mg/L how do I convert this to PPM? Has anyone brewed with RO spring water?

mg/L is equal to PPM.

The profile sheet indicates the water is a blank slate, similar to using RO or Distilled.

This is ideal water to brew with.

The profile sheet does not contain the levels of some of the necessary minerals for brewing but being that it is RO water those should be very low or next to 0.

Adding minerals such as Calcium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, etc... can help with certain flavor and taste aspects of the resulting beer.

Using a brewing water spreadsheet or calculator can help you adjust those minerals to desired levels.

mg/L is equal to PPM.

The profile sheet indicates the water is a blank slate, similar to using RO or Distilled.

This is ideal water to brew with.

The profile sheet does not contain the levels of some of the necessary minerals for brewing but being that it is RO water those should be very low or next to 0.

Adding minerals such as Calcium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, etc... can help with certain flavor and taste aspects of the resulting beer.

Using a brewing water spreadsheet or calculator can help you adjust those minerals to desired levels.

Sounds good, So I can just enter this as RO water or 0s on beersmiths water calculator?

Sounds good, So I can just enter this as RO water or 0s on beersmiths water calculator?

Absolutely. With RO water the filters sometimes aren't kept up which can contribute to a higher minerality but your profile sheets indicate the filters are well maintained.

Back