help with this kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teewinot

Reaction score
My British Bitter kit is set for delivery today according to UPS. I was considering adding the extract late rather than boiling for the full time, to control some of the darkness.

Here is a link to the ingrediants: http://www.northernbrewer.com/docs/kis-html/1001.html

I'll do a partial boil, as per the kit instructions (1 1/2 gal water and steeping grains as temp rises). Can anyone help me adjust hop quantities etc. for adding the extract late? Do I even need to worry about altering quantities with a partial boil? Should I even give a crap, since this is only my second brew (Phat Tyre is in secondary ready to bottle).

Thanks for any help, hints, and comments! And for the great site!

Cheers! :mug:

I wouldn't worry too much about adjusting your hops for this. I would suggest adding the DME at the beginning and then the LME for the last 15 minutes.

Doing a late addition will shift you from the low end of the IBU range for a Bitter to about the middle, but EKG is such a smooth hop it won't be a problem.

Back