Help with pass through system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardM

Reaction score
i bought a larger co2 bottle for my kegerator. I plan to move it outside and run the line through the wall. My setup is a converted refrigerator. I do not believe there are coils in the side of it but plan to start with a small hole on the inside and feel around before drilling. I will be using 8mm od tubing for the gas line. I’m looking for the best way to pass the line through and keeping a good seal. Would a bulkhead or pass through fitting be better or a grommet on each side? I’m leaning towards grommets to eliminate two possible leaky connections. I’m not really finding the grommets and thought I would check here to see what is working best everyone get recommendations... Thanks

I just drilled a hole that the gas line would pass through with just a little persuasion. It fits tightly enough that there is no cold air leakage. Not the most elegant solution but I was more interested in the result than the process.

629281CD-7EDC-4DD1-95F2-89D23547C25F.jpeg

I just drilled a hole that the gas line would pass through with just a little persuasion. It fits tightly enough that there is no cold air leakage. Not the most elegant solution but I was more interested in the result than the process.

View attachment 667721

Be cautious. I did the same thing but, after many switching of tanks(co2) and moving around kegs, I developed a slice in the co2 where the hose passed through the aluminum outer layer. Just replaced co2 lines the other day.

Found some 5/16 id grommets at the hardware store. They fit snug on the 8mm line. It should do the trick.

Back