Help! with Hop trimming/selecting/training

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua1987

Reaction score
Need a liitle advice b/c I've read a lot of conflicting info on the topic. I'll go with consensus of these replies though. I have some Cascades growing in my yard, they are reaching about 18" in length. A couple plants have multiple vines growing all around the same lenghth. My question is this: Should I cut all but 1 per plant OR allow the 2-3 per plant to flourish and train them together up the support wire as if they were 1 vine, OR allow them to grow and train up different wires..which seems logistically at least, very impractical....Thanks

2-3 bines per plant, all on the same support works just fine for home-grown. One is too risky.

I had a similiar problem this year I cut all but one back and am training that vine. My hops are first year hops so I am more focused on getting the root system established than hop yield but from what I have been told and read I believe 1 vine is the way to go.

Back