Help with bottle bombs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcelo

Reaction score
I did brew 1Gal of a belgian, and today when i am bottling, i did something very stupid.
I botted a beer with FG 1.025 and add sugar to carb it to 3.1.
So, i need some help, can i wait a few days to see if they will explode, or that is a true point and i must to open the bottles put them in a fermentor and let they ferment a few more weeks?:drunk:

you where drinking when you wrote this weren't you. wait and see if any of the caps start to bulge. if they do throw them into the fridge.

Need a little more info on your beer. What was the starting gravity? What was the recipe? This will help to figure out if you were close to the end of fermentation. Otherwise, there's really no sure-fire way to tell if they'll explode. Put them in a garbage back just in case.

OG 1.062 and i just dont know what happend, i saw the FG 1.025 and keep bottling.
i had very low efficiency that day 44% its was a tripel

1,60 kg Pilsner (2 Row) Bel (2,0 SRM) Grain 82,91 %
0,23 kg Carared (20,0 SRM) Grain 11,91 %
5,00 gm Galena [11,00 %] (60 min) Hops 32,2 IBU
3,00 gm Williamette [5,50 %] (0 min) Hops -
0,10 kg Cane (Beet) Sugar (0,0 SRM) Sugar 5,18 %

Batch Size: 4,50 L
mash 90min at 151F

I'd say just leave em out for 2 weeks and then put them in the fridge to make the yeast go dormant. Otherwise, you'll have champagne beer and potential bottle bombs.

Back