Help setting up CO2 regulator for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abledsoe

Reaction score
I have been slowly accumulating parts to build a 4 tap keezer and need a little help with the best way to setup the CO2 distribution. I had originally planned on using a 4 way regulator so I can change up the PSI on each keg. I currently have a regulator that I added a splitter to (one of these:http://www.midwestsupplies.com/wye-splitter-assembly-w-5-16-barb.html) I am wondering if I can just get a 3 way regulator and run one of the lines from my current splitter to that and use the other line from the splitter for keg #4? My concern is I would have to set the main regulator at whatever PSI I would need for keg #4 and that would also be going into the 3 way regulator.
Am I thinking about this correctly? Will that work?

Thanks!

You have to set your primary regulator at the highest psi needed in your system. Usually, that means one of your secondary regulators operates at the same pressure as your primary regulator. I am not sure why that is a problem. You can split off any of the lines on the secondary regulator and thus those kegs will have the same psi.

Ah, I see. So if I split my main regulator with one line going to the secondary 3 way regulator and the second line going to a 4th keg, I would need that 4th keg to be one I needed set at the highest PSI since that's also what would be going into the secondary. Then I could just adjust the other 3 down if needed.
Thanks.

Back