Help: Poor Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made the Brewer's Best English Brown Ale. Everything seemed to go fine. Except for when I tasted it.

I let it bottle condition for two weeks before I tried one. At two weeks of bottle conditioning, it was very flat and had very little carbonation. The flavor seemed like it would be good if there was carbonation though. I waited another two weeks before trying another bottle. At this point, it had been bottled for a month. It was still very flat. There was slightly more carbonation than at two weeks of bottle conditioning, but it was so flat I didn't even want to finish drinking it.

What could be wrong here? Does anyone have any tips for me?

Thanks so much for the help,
Travis

How much priming sugar did you use? How did you stir it in? Are you positive all of your caps are on tightly? What temperature are you storing the bottles at?

I used all the priming sugar included in the kit. We stirred it in as we racked from the glass carboy to a bucket. Then we stirred it gently a little more. Then we racked from the bucket into the bottles. The bottle caps seem to be on tight. I tried turning them with my hands and they're on tight enough that I can't get them to move at all.

Back