Help on a Loquat Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApolloBrewing

Reaction score
So my neighbor has a loquat (Japanese plum) tree thats just starting to ripen and everytime I look at it all I think is BEER. I've never brewed with fruit so I don't really know how to incorporate them, could you guys give me some advice on how to utilize these wonderful treats?

Also, what kind of speciality grains usually go with a citrusy kind of fruit beer??

I'm looking to do the same thing and I'm going to brew an American Wheat, like you would for a raspberry wheat recipe. As far as brewing with fruit, I'd recommend making your own extract. It takes about a month which is about the time it takes for fermentation anyway for a 2-stage brew. I plan on skinning and pitting (pits are toxic) the loquat fruits and add as many as I can to a mason jar. Then fill the jar with vodka - a decent brand like absolut or stolli. Let it sit for a month and shake it each day. Add it to your brew with the priming sugar just before you bottle it.

Hope it turns out well - I'm going to give it a shot.

Latest posts

Back