Help needed with S30 \ soda stream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballistic

Reaction score
Hi

I have just got confirmation that an S30 valve will fit my old Boots pressure barrel.

My next question is... how do I connect an S30 valve to a standard soda steam bottle? Some kind of adaptor or pipe? Secondly is it possible to add some kind of pressure gauge into the set up?

Any help appreciated.

You need to find someone with a lathe, a little one man engineering shop, or maybe a plumber....

Look 10% down this page - see this?

Barrels and Accessories : Art of Brewing Barrels and Accessories UK

It won't work for you because if you live in the US your soda stream bottles have a different (trapezoidal) thread vs. the one they use in the UK - see here:
co2 info

There is an australian supplier of adapters on Ebay that also doesn't work with the US thread - his name is "beer101"

There is a german supplier of adapters that do fit the US thread here:
SODA CLUB CO² FLASCHEN ADAPTER FÜR DRUCKMINDERER bei eBay.de: Sonstige (endet 11.12.08 12:55:25 MEZ)
Hope your German is good - actually the seller can correspond in English.

That's great BUT the male thread of his adapter (the one that goes on your regulator) fits only a european CO2 tank so you will have to switch out the nut

You can buy the nut here:
CO2 Tailpiece Nut for Europe: www.kegkits.com

The reason I know about this is that I've been through all this hassle before. Have fun.

Back