HELP NEEDED: Busted Taprite Gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmg229

Reaction score
I'm feeling like a bit of an idiot, but between kegs, my tank/regulator fell over, the plastic cap fell off of one of the two line pressure gauges (I have a dual gauge regulator). I put it back on and thought nothing of it. Then today I hooked up my keg and started pressurizing it, it was going fine, but the pressure seemed too low and wasn't moving, in retrospect, I shouldn't have used that line and/or should've realized that maybe it falling had something to do with what I was seeing, I blame lack of coffee at the time. So I started cranking up the pressure and then started losing air out the blowout on that regulator. I shut it down and stepped back and realized that the gauge was show (face bent, needle stuck/unresponsive). I've ordered a new gauge, but my two questions are: 1. Should that fix it or does it sound like I messed something else up in the regulator in my ill-advised messing around. And 2. can I just cap that while I wait for the gauge to come and use the other line? If so, anyone know what size plug I need?

And yes, I've already ordered a guard with the new gauge so that this doesn't happen again.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Low pressure gauge should be a 1/4" right hand thread. Should be easy to find a plug for that at any hardware store.
High pressure side on Taprites is 1/4" left hand thread, fwiw. Not so easy to plug :)

It's more likely the gauge went to heaven than you did any damage to the regulator body...

Cheers!

Back