Help Naming Braggot for Contest!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishvermin

Reaction score
Entering a braggot into a small open category homebrew contest hosted by a local distillery. They have a People's Choice award in addition to the blind taste judging, and I'd like to see what the hive-mind can come up with for a creative name.

Braggot brewed with OB honey, Vienna malt, and Mesquite Smoked Malt. Ratio of Mead to Beer is 2:1. ABV is 10.5%, FG 1.015. The taste is definitely like a sack Mead up front, but then the light smoke flavor comes through and adds a nice level of complexity and finish. I'm intentionally serving at room temp and not carbed to let the flavors shine.

I'd like the name incorporate the mesquite smoked flavor, but not outright call it a "smoked" Braggot, as the smoke is not at the forefront of the drink, more a supporting flavor that helps to create something that is larger than the sum of its parts.

So far I'm going with Hill Country Braggot, as mesquite trees are prominently found in the Texas Hill Country. I don't think there is anything wrong with the name, but I think it could be better.

Hive-mind, what say you?

Back