HELP my Co2 Tank keeps going empty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk840

Reaction score
I just filled my co2 tank yesterday eve. I came home today whole tank was empty n all gauges were on zero . Second time this happened ,any ideas why thanks. I'm running 2 kegs off 1 co2 tanks with a daul regulater one psi one gas
.also when I screw my regulator back on and put air to it the gas side of reg never goes above 500

First off, do you have a washer/gasket between the mating surface of your regulator and cylinder or an o ring on your regulator?

co@ washer.jpg

oring Co2.jpg

Make sure you have a washer. Once you have a washer you can spray the connections with star Stan and look for bubbles. That will help locate the leak.

If both gauges are at 0 I would expect it to be a leak after the regualtor (or in the regulator!). If it was before the regulator my experience has been the tank gauge will drop but the keg side will stay up.
Also the pressure in the cylinder is dependent on temperature - CO2 is a liquifiable gas which means when it is compressed it turns into a liquid at room temperature. When you use up the CO2 the pressure in the headpsace drops and some more liquid CO2 boils off and repressurised it. Once you see the gauge dropping you know your nearly out!

I put all my lines on a bucket of water or kiddie pool and watched for bubbles. I also turned on the system, no kegs connected, then shut it off for a good day to see if it held pressure. Starsan the kegs and connections when I put a new one in. Just a couple things I did to make sure I didn't have leaks.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Back