Help me with this keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like some customization on some of those ports (perhaps to transfer beer into the keg without exposure to air).

What size is this keg? If it is 5 gallons, $75 is no bargain.

I would not even bother

you can buy rebuilt kegs for 65 mail order

that keg has more customization on it than a harley motorcycle, most of which you will need to have returned to normal to use as a keg

not a good deal at all, someones experiment and dumping it because it is a mistake.

I wouldn't pay the price either. If I can get for lots cheaper, I may conaider.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Looking at the picture, it's almost a certainty that thing wasn't used for beer. Which opens up a whole Pandora's Box of possibilities...

Cheers!

I've actually seen some like this before. I believe they were used in scientific/medical/lab/possibly food research communities for different liquids. Personally I think with thorough cleaning and new o-rings they should be safe for use. I had seen a local homebrewer that worked at a local university had a few in one of the department labs that they were throwing out and kept them for himself. He didn't have any objection to using them and with proper preparation they should be fine. But as others have said at $75 I don't think it is that great of a bargain, did say offers where welcome though.

Latest posts

Back