Help me with a hop schedule!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooblue02

Reaction score
So I have 8 oz of the following:

Centennial
Citra
Mosaic

Looking for a juicy ipa hop plan! Give me some thoughts! Thanks and cheers!

I would use my favorite grist and alter the hops to suit without changing the bitterness. My current IPA has all hop additions starting at 30 minutes, I'd use the Citra there and perhaps alternate or mix the other two for later additions, including a whirlpool or steep after flame out and a dry hop. Good luck, keep us posted

Below is the hop schedule from my latest pale ale. The descriptions I've received have been fruity, grapefruit, and orange even.

I know you have different hops but you could run with the same type of schedule. I would say a small charge of citra at 60, then at 15, start adding a mixture of the mosaic and centennial. I may go 65%mosaic and 35%centennial.

I've never done a beer where the was no 60min addition but lots of ppl have. The previous posters thoughts may work out nicely as well
20180924_211947.jpeg

My best results with this style are to really load the hops after the boil. I would bitter with some centennial, an ounce or 2 at flameout and whirlpool the rest. I like a 170ish whirlpool for a half hour or so. Dry hopping toward the end of primary really helps that "juicy" perception too.

Back