Help I'm About To Bottle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
I am about to bottle my beer and have racked 2 seperate times to try and clear up the dry hops I have suspended in my beer. I know I am not supposed to allow any oxygen to get into the beer while I am transferring to bottling bucket but if the filter/coffee/"fine" strainer is in the beer it shouldn't allow any oxygen in right? Please, somebody experienced help me out.

I am going to go clean these bottles right now, this was a pretty spendy batch. Its an DFH 90min IPA clone. I know this is short notice, crash chilling is not an option as I have no way to do it.

Thanks for the help ahead of time,

Peter

I wouldn't worry about the hops in the beer. It won't affect the flavor, and when you chill the bottles, they should drop out of suspension.

Don't pour through a filter, you'll aerate it!

Wrap some strainer material (I don't know about coffee filter, got any cheesecloth?) around the bottom of your siphon and rack into the bottling bucket that way.

Thanks for the quick info. I used my nylon sterylized muslin bag and put it on the end of my syphon. WORKED PERFECT!!!@$ This beer is amazing so far, can't wait for it to condition.

Back