Help ID Taps/Kegerator Gear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuateBrewer

Reaction score
tap.jpg

I managed to score a True TDD-3 Keg cooler today. It has has capability for 3 1/2 bbl kegs, and what seems like an insane amount of cornies, however it does not look like all of them can be connected due to the cooling coils and fan inside the unit.

The taps say Celli on the side, and SK 240.01

It came with 4 taps like the one above, this has been disconnected from the shank and tower.

I have a few Ventmatics and its certainly not one of those, but its also not the el-cheapo style I see online.

It has the adjustment screw of sorts on the side which I am not sure what it does, if its a rear seal or adjustment or what?

It also came with two cobra style towers...It has stainless lines coming down from the top which I guess I can just crimp my lines onto to the kegs, and figure out some sort of cooling fan. It does not appear to have any sort of cooling liquid lines.

tower.jpg

I've got a TDD-3CT (CT is for club top, has a door on top for reaching in to get glasses, ect.). Mine has the factory twin single faucet towers. My cornys will just slide under the evaporator housing, my cornys are ball lock....not sure if pin locks are taller.

I like those towers, more than likely the stainless tubes are the beer lines.

As far as cooling the towers, mine has plastic covered wire enforced tubes that go from the evaporator housing up into the towers to provide cold air into the towers... should be a couple holes in the front evaporator panel that these go to. Maybe when they changed out the towers, the hoses didn't fit back up the towers and they tossed them???

Allan

Yes I have those hoses, approx 1 inch diameter plastic flex tubing - I thought they where condensation lines. Sweet!

My Blower motor is currently toast, I picked this thing up for a song, so I am still on the soak and clean stage.

http://www.truemfg.com/Corporate/CorporateHome.asp

True's website. You can find PDFs of the manuals there and also there is a serial number inquiry page. You can find out how old it is. Mines a 1997 model, running R134. On the serial number tag (open the right door, it should be on the inside right panel near the top) you should see the tag.

Do those cobra style towers have enough room to put the tubes up in there? Mine go all the way up, there's a little hook to hook it to the faucet to keep it up there. they also need enough room to let the air fall back into the box. Those towers look like they may be a little tight.

Allan

Can you send a link directly to the manuals for the TDD-3. I have one too that I just picked up and re-worked. Got my first keg in there now with 2 batches fermenting and waiting for cornies. Can you also send a picture of the tower cooling hoses inside yours mine doesn't have them, they were probably removed at some point and it seems like a good idea if I can hook it back up.
Thanks

Keith

Back