Help! Cracked dip tube on beer cleaning bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EthylAgnostic

Reaction score
Just tried to use my beer cleaning bottle, got it coupled and turned on the beer faucet and only got sputtering cleaning solution coming out (like a dead keg).

I depressurized the cleaning bottle, took the cap off, and see the plastic dip tube is cracked.

My best friend is in town and we have two kegs waiting to tap, and my beer supply store isn't open till Monday!! If anyone has successfully fixed this and can tell me how I'll owe you big. Free beers if you're ever in chicago :).

Post is somewhat unclear. ideas:

if you are trying to clean a keg: clean it the old fashioned way: open it, spray it out, shake it with PBW, dump, rinse.

If you are trying to clean a faucet: fill keg with cleaning solution, and use low CO2 pressure to run it out into a bucket or something.

Another way to clean your beer lines (if that's what you're trying to do), is to set a bowl of cleaning solution on top of your kegerator/keezer, stick a tube from the solution onto the open faucet (silicon tubing works well, or if you have a growler filler, all the better), and start a siphon back down the beer line into another bowl/bucket/whatever. You can even close the faucet half way through and let it soak if you're so inclined. Works great for me!

You guys are both awesome for posting your solutions! Glad to have some additional backup plans to try!

I was trying to clean my beer line and coupler with a beer line cleaning bottle. Necessity to drink delicious beer inspired me to a workable solution I'll share below:

For anyone else that ends up with a split dip tub in your beer cleaning bottler, take a hack saw and make a clean cut below the split. Take the now shorter dip tube, heat the end in hot water for a while til it gets more flexible, and attach to the bottle top. All should be working again!

My two kegs are now tapped and all is right with the world!!

Cheers,

Ethyl

Look me up if you're in Chicago

Latest posts

Back