hello!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissionBrewer

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and new to brewing. Actually, I became interested in beer brewing about 8 months ago, after several years of baking my own bread. After going through the fermenting process bread and maintaining a starter for my sourdough, I realized that fermenting things is a very satisfying hobby and I feel passionate about it.

I'm on a very tight budget so I've spent the last 8 months amassing my supplies very slowly. I've got about five 6 packs of reused beer bottles in my garage, and most of the other supplies as well. It will probably be a month before I have everything I need for my first batch, but in the mean time I've been reading books about the subject.

Welcome to the best brewing forum on the net! Lots of good info & help here. Just keep collecting stuff,you'll get there. One of the first things to learn here is patience.

I have lots of that--thanks:) and I learned a special kind of patience with the sourdough bread, actually. It took me a year to make my first really successful loaf of sourdough bread. There's a learning curve--getting the starter going, determining if you have a live starter or a dud, figuring out the timing and the right recipe and the best way to bake the bread in my particular oven...it was a lot of work, and in the end I threw out a LOT of flour. I don't know how long I can expect learning to brew will take, but I can't imagine it would be longer than the sourdough.

Back