Hello Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello back at you Air Pirate. You have just began a great adventure, homebrewing can be very additive. I got my start last christmas, and it just gets better the more you learn.

The folks on this fourm are great, I've learned a lot here.

Hi and welcome to HBT.

Be warned, this hobby can be addicting and can lead to brewing massive amounts of beer.

Also I know Listermann's and maybe some others offer Mr. Beer kits that may be better that the kits that come with Mr Beer, not that you cant order the ingredients separate anyway.

Welcome to HBT. A number of people here started with Mr. Beer. They'll tell you that you can make much better beer with better equipment, but Mr. Beer is a good way to get started and to determine if it's a hobby you want to continue. And should you choose to upgrade, the keg can be used for other things like making the famous Apfelwein (it's like a hard cider, made from apple juice - do a search and you'll find the recipe).

As the above posters have said, it can become a way of life.

Tasting your first beer is an awesome thing. Good luck with your brewing.

Welcome to HBT, Air Pirate (I dig the name). :D

Are you currently Stateside, or overseas? If Stateside, then let us know your location, sometimes there's a fellow brewer right next door that would be happy to have a helper. It's a good way to get your feet wet and share some brews. :mug:

Welcome! I also had the same thought of starting with the Mr.Beer to see if this will be a fruitful hobby or not...

So far I already what to take this a step further, the brewing process of the Mr.Beer kit is very simple and isn't as in-depth as I would have liked it to be, so I look forward to taking it up a notch after I sample a few different beers the Mr.Beer kit can produce.

Back