Hello From WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

I've been lurking on the site for awhile now, so i figured it was time to introduce myself and start posting. My husband and I started brewing almost a year ago, and like everyone else here, we were immediatly addicted to the hobby.

We are currently extract brewers, but are in the process of gathering our all-grain equipment, and adding a "brew-room" onto our rec room so we don't take over the entire kitchen on brew day.

I look forward to learning from all you knowledgable folks, and hopefully providing some of my own insite along the way.

Cheers!!:mug:

Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start! Having a brew room would be awesome. I'm working on putting one in my basement as I'm fixing it up

Welcome cheeseheads!! (And I mean that in the kindest way...:D )

I have a brewing kitchen in my basement. It's great not having to lug the fermenters out of the tub anymore (as I did in previous houses) and using my wife's kitchen.;)

Welcome aboard! I was thinking of letting you know Wisconsin people are the nicest and smartest people in the US. But since you're from here you would already know that.

Thanks for the kind welcomes!

As far as styles, i brew pretty much anything. Right now we have an Octoberfest Lagering, a Magic Hat #9 clone (never had the real stuff, but my it's my SIL's favorite beer, so we made it for her for christmas...we'll see) and a Spiced Ale for the holidays as well.

Next up we're planning on a Bourbon Barrel Imperial Brown Ale, and a Double IPA.

So yeah...I guess the short answer would be anything!! :D

Eldorado Huh! I dated a gal for some time with family close to there. Straight east of Oskosh about 5 miles off of Hwy 55. went to stockbridge, Quinney, and a few other small towns a drinking fairly often when we were dating.

Im not from there but I would agree with the sentiment that people from WI are great people based on my interaction with those fine folks.

Welcome aboard!

Eldorado!?!?!?! Woo-Hoo!!!! Howdy neighbor, from Eldorado township as well, just on the other side of the marsh!!!! :D :D Welcome- there's lots of great info and ideas here, so stick around!!:ban: :ban:

Wow! Small world huh!?!? Most people don't even know where Eldorado is!!!

Sandy said:
Wow! Small world huh!?!? Most people don't even know where Eldorado is!!!

Aw c'mon, Eldorado's not that small ;) Let's see, there's Brenner Bowl, Terry's Bar, the Post Office, volunteer fire dept, & town hall. That's about it.......:D BTW there's one or two that post here from FDL as well, so our area is suddenly becoming well represented:ban:

Welcome indeed!! Northeast WI definatly seems to be well represented!!!

Back