Hello from the woods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reisende

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I must first say how much this forum has influenced me throughout my first year and a half of brewing. I don't know why it has taken me so long to sign up, but I am glad I finally did. I cannot thank everyone enough for the insight and knowledge I have gained just from reading through the forums.

As I said, I have been brewing for about a year and half, starting with Mr. Beer (I know, but please don't criticize: if it wasn't for that Christmas present from my wife, I wouldn't be making real, good beer today!). I am an extract/partial mash brewer, although I am considering going AG sooner than I had planned (which was to wait until I could build a HERMS/RIMS, but nothing wrong with coolers right?). I am a geek in general, and that applies especially to beer.

I just moved to MO, so my supply is out :( BUT, I am bottling a Hefe tomorrow night, brewing an American brown ale this weekend, and next weekend I am brewing two batches of porter (one bourbon barrel, one smoked). The smoked is for a neighbor, who I am introducing to the hobby. He is buying the kit and I am helping him brew it on my equipment. I also have plans for a mid-summer cream ale and a possible pumpkin ale for fall consumption.

I look forward to being able to contribute in some small way to the community, and any tips for being a good member would be appreciated.

Prost!

Back