Hello from the Philly Burbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy83

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

getting back into home brewing. I’ve been home brewing since 2009 and really enjoyed it but it took a back burner due to me getting married, moving twice, starting a family. It’s probably been about 5 years since my last beer (a vanilla porter). I used to do partial mash (somewhat Viking style of just a bit of biab on the stove and then QS with malt to get a good OG). I also wasn’t as meticulous about things as most others (kinda made stuff up as I went along) but looking to get a bit more gear to make the experience a bit better.

I decided to jump back in by buy a robobrew and couldn’t be more excited. I am nervous though, as the water in STL (where I brewed nearly all of my prior beers) was exceptional for brewing. Now I have hard, chloramine-treated water. Anyone in this forum in the Philly area?

My first brew will be a citra session IPA. Looking forward to re-learning and getting back into this hobby!

Welcome back Timmy.

With Schuylkill River water you'll be brewing up some Schlitz, Schmidt's and Ballentine in no time.

(I'm Camden born and raised. Parents were born in Philly. We lived in South Philly too. I've also lived in the K&A...Kensington & Allegheny).

I've only lived in York for about 10 years. Originally from Pittsburgh. Never heard of Mr. Steve's, so I'm assuming it's closed. But there are a lot of places around here I've not been to.

Oddly, the last time I was there was about 10 years ago. Sorry I missed you. ; ' (

I used to visit BAE a lot...I retired in June 2010.

Latest posts

Back