Hello from the palm of Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GearBeer

Reaction score
:mug:
I'm a fresh SE Michigan resident and now that I'm getting settled in my new house I've decided to start doing some research for an eventual brewing setup.

I'll need more money before then, right now most of it is going here:
Fairlane-04.jpg

Hadn't thought about that but it's a good idea. I'd be the most popular guy at the car shows!

I think you're on to something there:
Fairlane Ale
Torino Stout

Chevelle Pilsner?

Greetings from Reed City! Nice wheels! I've got a '69 Mustang Hardtop, and a '59 Edsel Ranger I'm currently working on (at least once it warms up again...)

You can start brewing right away, with little investment in equipment, if you are handy (and I think you are!). Get started on that brew, so you can enjoy a cold one while doing the auto restoration/repair!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! It looks like there's quite a group here in SE Michigan.

Homer, what mill do you have in that '69?

I'm not sure what I want to do with brewing yet, but I've got a long history of jumping in over my head so I'll let the amateur experts here get my imagination racing before I make up my mind.

Oh, and Bryan, if you come across this post, sorry for the horns comment.

olllllo said:
Welcome.

Seeing as though MI is a left handed mitten, the palm would place you under the earth's crust, no?

ollllllllllo, Michiganders use their right hand palm as a map to indicate where they are from. So look at the palm of your right hand and there he is. :D

Welcome to the boards Gearbeer.:mug:

GearBeer said:
Thanks for the welcome everyone! It looks like there's quite a group here in SE Michigan.

Homer, what mill do you have in that '69?

I'm not sure what I want to do with brewing yet, but I've got a long history of jumping in over my head so I'll let the amateur experts here get my imagination racing before I make up my mind.

Oh, and Bryan, if you come across this post, sorry for the horns comment.

It came with a 250 I6, but I scrapped that as it needed rebuilding, and I thought "Hey, why not rebuild a V8 instead?" So I picked up a 351W from a guy who worked with my dad, and that is currently ready to be put back together as soon as it is warm enough to spend hours outside... (hmmm.... unless I brought it INSIDE to rebuild it! Oh, yeah, I'm married...8(

I'm keeping it stock for now.

FYI - There are lots of Amateur Experts here, but I've noticed that more than a few have PLENTY of knowledge and experience. I have not seen any bashing for asking stupid questions, but there is sometimes a reminder to use the search feature (Which works very well, I remind)

Back