Hello from the Jerz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monte

Reaction score
Hey there, new-ish brewer from NJ here. I say new-ish because I have brewed in the past with friends, but many, many years ago. I'm a big fan of craft beers and of brewing, so decided to get back into it now that I have my own place and enough room to put my brewing gear. Thanks to a buddy of mine who was moving and was looking for a new home for some of his gear, I was reminded of how much I missed it, and that now was the time to get back at it!

There is so much more information available from when I last brewed, and the improvements in equipment, process, and culture of homebrewing is really fantastic to see. I've been lurking around this site for a while now, gathering answers to some of the questions I've had, and thought it was about time to join and engage in the discussions. I still have a ton to learn.

Right now I have a Rye Pale Ale in secondary, an Oatmaeal Stout in primary, and an English Brown Ale on deck. Can't wait to get at it, but I've still got a month left before I'll be enjoying the fruits of my first batches...

hey whats up. jersey guy here by philly. hbu? im on my second batch. first was an amazing belgium triple. have a black cherry bourbon oak casked american pale ale in primary and a imperial blonde ale infused with grapefruit on deck.. im tryin to figure out most cost effective but stylish wsy of labelin rite now.. any ideas?

I'm farther up north, closer to the NYC side.

That black cherry bourbon oak casked american pale ale sounds right up my alley--a recipe you created/modified, or found?

I was starting to think about labeling too, but didn't want to put *too* much thought into it up front and jinx things--figured I'd make sure the beer tasted good enough to label in the first place :) Looks like there are some dedicated threads and areas on the forums here that deal specifically with labeling; good to peruse for inspiration. I noticed there were even some mentions of graphic design services out there that specialize in label creation specifically geared towards homebrewers.

Latest posts

Back