Hello from the Derby City!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFej

Reaction score
Louisville, KY! Home of Against The Grain Brewery, Bluegrass Brewing Company, Cumberland Brews, Apocalypse Brew Works, and Falls City Beer, (it's back and is no longer the swill you remember but a bona fide craft brew now, Google it)! And of course the adopted home of the New Albanian Brewing Company. I've been drinking craft beer since the mid-90's, when I discovered that beer didn't have to look and taste like urine, and could be more than a vessel for getting drunk. Since then I have drove my friends and family crazy by planning trips and vacations according to what breweries are near there and what beer is available in that area.

After spending enough money to send my kids to college several times over on craft beer, I figured my next logical step was to get into homebrewing. As luck would have it, I recently received a basic Brewer's Best equipment kit as a gift, (can't argue with free), and plan on using it as a starting point and upgrading as I continue my homebrewing journey. I am looking to brew my first batch within the next couple of weeks.

I look forward to hopefully not brewing anything that tastes like butt!

Back