Hello from sunny Erie, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottM

Reaction score
If you've never heard of or been to Erie, PA the title of this thread is highly ironic.

At any rate, I've been homebrewing for about 2 years now. I'm in the middle of my 3rd batch, after some time off. The 2nd batch had some major issues resulting in slow fermentation, and then burst bottles, then plenty of explaining to the wife (not fun). First batch was a sort of generic plain ale that came with the homebrew kit. Not bad, for a first effort. Third batch was a pilsner kit from Better Brew that's in the secondary in my extra frig lagering, until I have time to bottle next week.

I'm a huge fan of most Belgian's, and have really been into odd ball fruity stuff recently, lambics and such. For my next batch I'm planning a Witbier, similar to Hoegarden if I can pull it off, and also a hard cider to age over the summer, and enjoy this fall.

Back