Hello from Spain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldDogBrewing

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been pretty active here but never got to introduce myself, so I think it's time

I'm a brewer from Spain and my user name is the name I use to label my beers and meads but it's just a home brewery by now as here in Spain laws are pretty hard when it comes to selling homebrews, basically it's ilegal unless you have a label approved by the health authorities, which makes you a commercial brewery

I've been brewing for roughly a year now (1 gallon batches) and I have around 20 batches under my belt, some batches were better than others. Most of my brews are dark beers so I just updated my set up to be able to brew big stuff and make low gravity double batches too for my sour program

¡Bienvenidos!

Years ago I lived in Madrid for a month doing a study abroad at la Universidad de Antonio de Nebrija, and I've been sightseeing around the country a couple other times too.

20 batches/ year is rather prolific ... Keep trying to improve with every batch. :)

¡Bienvenidos!

Years ago I lived in Madrid for a month doing a study abroad at la Universidad de Antonio de Nebrija, and I've been sightseeing around the country a couple other times too.

20 batches/ year is rather prolific ... Keep trying to improve with every batch. :)
That's really cool, I live a bit far away from Madrid but I've visited the city a couple times, now there are some interesting craft beers spots there, including some breweries

Yes, I decided to brew 1 gallon batches because it gives me the opportunity to drink fast through the batches (usually i get between 6 and 9 bottles) and keep brewing different things, I enjoy more variety over quantity when it comes to beer, so I usually brew a couple things a month and some batches sit for a while in the fermentors, I have 5 now but I want to double that number during this year and get a 2 gallons one to make massive fruit additions

Back