Hello From Southwest Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tone_s

Reaction score
Just got back into brewing after 6 yrs.
Starting fresh and looking forward to learning new things.

Currently building:
Fermentation Chamber
Keezer

Not set up to do anything fun yet, but still had to brew a good ole Ale to get the cobwebs out.

Tone

Just looking for local brewers in the area.
I knew brewers when I lived in MI.
None since I moved to Cape Coral, FL

:mug:

I was really looking forward to being on this site. Tried a few proper introductions, but no replies?

I was hoping to learn some new stuff and get some tips.
I learned a lot from reading the diy section.
Also posted an article on how I built my wort chiller.

Peace,
Tone

welcome, tone. you might have tried at times when there were hot topics and a lot of new threads and yours got buried behind so many others at the same time. anyway, welcome to the site and the community

Thanks!
I'm currently brewing and American Ale Kit.
I have to check the gravity Friday, but it should be close to done.

Waiting on my temp controllers for my Fermentation chamber & keezer build.

Hey there. :)

I'm new here as well. Noticed it is a very busy site, and I didn't get much for replies either at first. Think us newbies kinds fall in the cracks the first little bit. :p

Anyway, welcome!

Hola! I don't usually see a ton of traffic on intro threads, so don't feel bad. Welcome to the site!

The topics that pop to mind first (given you're in Florida) are chilling your wort and maintaining your fermentation temps. That can get frustrating given ground water temps and warm weather in the summer. There are a bunch of threads that cover these issues.

Other then that, I think most of the general threads will help. Since you're getting close to finishing up, check out Revvy's bottling thread. Should cover everything you need to know and then some.

Hola! I don't usually see a ton of traffic on intro threads, so don't feel bad. Welcome to the site!

The topics that pop to mind first (given you're in Florida) are chilling your wort and maintaining your fermentation temps. That can get frustrating given ground water temps and warm weather in the summer. There are a bunch of threads that cover these issues.

Other then that, I think most of the general threads will help. Since you're getting close to finishing up, check out Revvy's bottling thread. Should cover everything you need to know and then some.

thanks, I appreciate the feedback.
It is different brewing in Florida. I used to live in michigan and had a nice cool basement.
I will have a fermentation chamber finished soon. It's impossible to keep the brew cool enough in a dark corner. House gets warm even in the winter.
I Did the Ale kit because.
I had to brew something to shake the cobwebs off. lol
The other reason is because of higher ferm temps.
looking forward to cooler more stable brewing in the near future

dont feel to out of the loop if a post goes unnoticed, it happens to me all the time :D

There's so much to read on my own anyway (doing my homework reading the site)
I'm loving this site!!! :mug:

I used to live in Ft. Myers, man it was always hot there except for this time of year when the weather was incredible.

Welcome. I see youre building a Keezer? What design did you have in mind? Here is mine.

Keezer1.jpg

Keezer2.jpg

Keezer5.jpg

Nice build. I like how you leveled the bottom to match the hump. Digging the axe next to it too.
My Freezer is a magic chef I got off Craigslist for $40
It's a small one, probably hold about 2-3 corny's and co2.
The original plan was to cut the wood stain, clear coat. build from the ground up in my sign shop.
Then...... I was at a local thrift store making a delivery and seen a whole wall of old Entertainment centers and Hutches that everyone is dropping off because they don't fit anyone's tvs anymore.
I fount a stackable tv cabinet made of dark hardwood that was just big enough to slide my freezer into. Somehow I will modify that.
I'll post pictures so you can see what I mean. It's already finished wood with nice moldings etc.... and Cheap!
also waiting on my temp controller from ebay and looking for some cornys,regulator ....

I used to live in Ft. Myers, man it was always hot there except for this time of year when the weather was incredible.

The weather is very nice until around April then it gets hot again. I was at Ft. myers beach last weekend in shorts! :rockin:
Great for me, not great for brewing! well at least until I finish my ferm chamber.

I just noticed your post, welcome. I am brewing in Cape Coral as well (also from MI), drop me a line some time and we can chat.

I just noticed your post, welcome. I am brewing in Cape Coral as well (also from MI), drop me a line some time and we can chat.

yeah, forgot about this post. lol
Seems like everyone I meet in Cape Coral is originally from MI. I used to brew up north for years. Just got back into it down here. We'll have to do some comparisons on brewing sometime :mug:

yeah, forgot about this post. lol
Seems like everyone I meet in Cape Coral is originally from MI. I used to brew up north for years. Just got back into it down here. We'll have to do some comparisons on brewing sometime :mug:

When I lived there everybody I met was from Pennsylvania.

Back