Hello from Southern Minnesota!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave73ok

Reaction score
Hello all,

First off, let me first say that as a new brewer, you guys have been an invaluable resource of information that I appreciate in many ways.

I'm a home coffee roaster, and at the end of last September I had enough extra dough to get a proper coffee roaster. At the last minute I decided to throw down for a deluxe homebrew kit from NB. Glass carboys, a couple of cases of bottles and a couple of extract kits to get started. I have a friend who's a brewer, and he'd been trying to get me into it for a while. It's been about 6 months and I haven't looked back.
I brewed my extract kits, decided I would take the plunge, and went all grain. Already sick of bottling, I bought a 2 corny keg system. Got a propane burner and a kettle for full boils. Found a decent mini fridge on Craigs and built a kegerator. Got Beersmith and started making recipes. I'll be brewing my 6th all grain batch this weekend in honor of National Homebrew Day. I've got hops growing in the backyard, and the only thing really holding me back from growing even more into it is the fact that I am limited to 5g batches, which is by design since I am still really new at this.
As a long time cook, tinkerer, warranty voider, and all around geek, I find brewing a wonderful hobby. Even better? The end result! My beers are getting better each batch, and I love the hands on part of it, from beginning to cleanup to that celebretory brew afterward.

Sorry for the long winded spiel.....anyway, thanks for all your wisdom. I hope to someday be able to give some back.

:mug:

Cheers,
Dave

Latest posts

Back