Hello from Southern Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the site. Been brewing for a couple of years now, but only off and on. Recently started to get back into it and a little more serious about it. Homebrewing is up and coming here inGermany as far as I can tell but nothing like back stateside. I have ordered kits and ingredients from the US but shipping is so damn expensive and finding the same things or proper replacements over here is a lesson in patience. Anyway, glad to meet you all and look forward to talking/learning with you.

Cheers:tank:,

-Jay

@Essential Evil --- Gruss Gott! Ich hat 15 monaten in Furth/Nurnburg gewohnen auf den U.S. Army, 1st A.D. in 1973-74. Weir haben vielen beiren getrunken und viel gutes bratwurst gegessen! "Das Gute Zirndorfer" und "Tucher" bier war ausgezeichnet!! Auf wiedersehn fur jetz.

Ein prosit!

surely in that part of the world you could find a brewhouse or biergarten or similar not too far away. they could maybe order an extra sack of grain for you, hook you up with their house strain & point you to a hop farm. no?

Welcome - my family is originally from area very close to you, I think. They left and spent a few generations in Ukraine (Schwarzmeerdeutsche) before coming to the USA.

I hope that you are successful with your brewing goals; if I can ever be of service or help, please do feel free to contact me.

Ron

Cyclman- I may be moving there in the next few years.

meatcleaver- That's actually an option I hadn't thought of, thanks

Regarding Stuttgart it might be worthwhile to get in touch with Kesselbrauer e.V. (they have a website). They're a recently founded homebrewer's club with maybe 30-50 members IIRC. They have a mailing list also and meet on a fairly regular basis. In fact, their next open-to-all meeting is this Friday 18th. They have at least one American-German member also ;)

I was born in Stuttgart but live in Berlin now. I met a few of them recently during a visit to Stuttgart, and they all came across as very nice.

If you want to know more please feel free to let me know and I'll put you in touch with them.

Regarding Stuttgart it might be worthwhile to get in touch with Kesselbrauer e.V. (they have a website). They're a recently founded homebrewer's club with maybe 30-50 members IIRC. They have a mailing list also and meet on a fairly regular basis. In fact, their next open-to-all meeting is this Friday 18th. They have at least one American-German member also ;)

I was born in Stuttgart but live in Berlin now. I met a few of them recently during a visit to Stuttgart, and they all came across as very nice.

If you want to know more please feel free to let me know and I'll put you in touch with them.

Thank you Johnny! Yes I am interested in knowing more!

Back