Hello from south of the border

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daverust

Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is David and I'm from Mexico. I just received my equipment and I can't wait to start brewing, I just need to get some final stuff (bottles...).

Just want to say this is one of the best borads to help noobs to start in this craft, I received plenty of information before I decide to pass to the dark side.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hopefully I will contribute with something in the future, cheers! borrachos :mug:

Hello, thanks for the welcome! I start with a ver basic amber ale, this is the kit I order online, I made half batch because there are no much space in home, this is the 2nd day of fermentation, I had some troubles at first (Pitched yeast in more that "warm" wort) and my cooling bag was not properly regulated, but I managed to handle the temp to 69 right now. Let´s hope it turns good! It Will be a shame because smells amazing :D

Amber Waves Of Grain
Yield: 5 gallons

Starting Gravity: 1.052-.56
Final Gravity: 1.012-.15
Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%
Color SRM: 15.6
Hop IBU’s: 29

Ingredients
6 lbs. Amber Dry Malt Extract 1 Grain Steeping Bag
.50 lb. 40 L Crystal Malt (Grain) 1 Hop Bag
.25 lb. Carapils (Grains)
.50 lb. 90L Crystal Malt(Grain)