Hello From Scotland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuart

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been browsing the forum for a few days now and I like what I see. I've got my first batch of ale in 2nd and getting ready to start another. Due to good feedback on Coopers I've bought the dark ale to try. Hope to contribute to the forum in the near future. Cheers!

Welcome Stuart! Glad to have you on with us. Looking forward to any and all wisdom you can share......

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Stewart: Have you ever heard of CAMRA? They are the homebrew club in England? They have a website that you should check into that will help you out a lot.

I did not say that to offend you. My point is you have MORE information that you can get in your own time zone and with brews you are more familiar with and may want to brew. :D

Again, welcome!

Hey Stuart! Nice to meet you!

There's a great English Ale over there that I absolutely LOVE. It's called Riggwelter Yorkshire Ale from the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham. Hey, it's close at least :) please don't take offense for me naming an English beer to a Scotsman....
Anyways, if you can get some try it - it rocks!

Hi there Stuart, good to see another foreigner joining the ranks.

I don't know what the homebrewing information and support is like in Scotland but it is pretty poor here in Australia, unless you just want to do can kits. If you want to get more adventurous than this the home brew shops just think you're weird. I had to really convince a guy to sell me some grain once!!

This forum is great for me as there are a lot of experienced people on board.

homebrewer_99 said:
Have you ever heard of CAMRA? They are the homebrew club in England? They have a website that you should check into that will help you out a lot.

I did not say that to offend you. My point is you have MORE information that you can get in your own time zone and with brews you are more familiar with and may want to brew. :D

Again, welcome!

I'll check that out, thanks to all for the warm welcome. I do have access to all sorts of brewing techniques here in UK, but I thought it best to start at the bottom and not get too far ahead of myself just yet. I'll stick around here too though.
At work I'm training to be a mashman in a whiskey distillery, where I produce 36.000 litres of wort everyday with 35kg of yeast added, man you should see that stuff fermenting! I suppose that's what has rekindled the idea of making home brew.

Later.

what a kickass job to have, stuart!!!!

and i'm stuck here at work behind this computer all day, passing the buck and dodging upper management!!! :(

Franiblector said:
what a kickass job to have, stuart!!!!

and i'm stuck here at work behind this computer all day, passing the buck and dodging upper management!!! :(

Same here......oh, and of course, researching new brew recipies..... :D

Back