Hello from San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wreals

Reaction score
Been lurking for awhile and just starting homebrewing.

I live in San Diego, CA (actually La Mesa) and have been drinking good beer for a long time but recently got interested in making my own beer as a hobby as something to do when I couldn't go SCUBA diving. Just so happens one of my dive buddies is into homebrewing and offered to show me the ropes.

I helped him brew an all-grain hefeweizen to get my feet wet and then I got some good used equipment off CL and started extract brewing. I've got a few weeks to go until my first tasting but I'm trying to get my brew pipeline in place for summer.

My goal is that I can produce all the beer that I drink at home and share some with friends. I have a special place in my heart for double IPAs (like Alpine Pure Hoppiness and Blind Pig) and Belgian Trappist ales.

My wife even let me covert our little utility room into a brew lab and she doesn't even like beer! Ahhh love.

Cool, welcome to the insanity.. err, I mean hobby! :mug:
I used to dive off La Jolla and Pacific Beach. Also went to San Clemente Island a few times. Great sport.

La Mesa is a great place to be now that I've lived here about 2 years and am probably somewhere down the road from you..crazy how that happens. Anyways, nice to have another person from the same area on here.

Back