Hello from San Antonio, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conan4480

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Conan and I live in San Antonio, TX. I have been interested in brewing my own beer since 2004. However, I never got into it. A few weeks ago I was watching a show on TV about how beer is made, not only by the large breweries, but by the home brewer as well. During the show my wife comes and sits down next to me and asked if I would like a home brew kit for Christmas. My response was immediately, Hell yeah!!! She said she would get me one if I would make her some peach beer with it.

So I broke out my copy of The Complete Joy of Home Brewing, that I bought in 2004, and have been glued to it.

As a noob, I'm sure there will be questions that arise as I get started, so pleas bear with me.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

I used to live in SA, now Austin. There are two homebrew stores in SA...one on St. Mary's and one on Bandera. The one on Bandera is new and the owner is a good guy, but the store just doesn't have a lot. The store on St. Mary's has more, but it's kind of dusty. Shipping from Austin Homebrew is alsways $8.00 flat if you can't find what you need in SA.

welcome from MA! What a cool gift. Was it American Brew by any chance? I just saw that and though it was great.

Can't go wrong with the Complete Joy of Homebrewing. I reread that all the time. Check out How to Brew by John Palmer as well.

:mug:

I think the show was called How it's Made. Although I have been watching Brew Master here lately. I have not heard of American Brew. Im gonna have to look that one up.

Back