Hello from Rochester, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePolvino

Reaction score
I'm Joe Polvino from Rochester, NY.

I've been brewing for about 14 years, started extract, took a few years off, then took on all grain brewing with a passion. My favorite beers are lighter gravity beers, and I also enjoy some belgians like Hoegaarden and most from Ommegang.

Another hobby of mine is video production. You can see a video I made on a starter below, and I am currently working on a complete end-to-end homebrewing video that will be ready in another month or so.

I'm always willing to learn, and enjoy seeing what others have done as far as improving the hobby and being inventive. There are few hobbies out there where this degree of ingenuity is seen regularly.

My basement brewery (the immersion chiller has been replaced by a CFC):
BrewRack05.jpg

My lagering chamber made from foam board and an old dorm fridge:
lager_box.jpg

Counterflow chiller:
cfc_connected.jpg

Here is a .

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! I am originally from upstate Ny myself. Transplanted in 98 to MD and now living in PA. Nice to see a fellow upstater on the board.

I really like your Lagering chamber you built, you just threw fuel on my flames of moving on to Lager. :)

Hello Joe I am also from the Rochester, NY area (little west in Orleans County)

New to this forum myself and also relatively new to home brewing!

Welcome Joe, Albany area here. I lurk over on the greenboard so I recognized your name. This place is a little more laid back than the PH over there but all pretty good folks.

Back