Hello from Peoria IL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiefIlliniwek

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a beginner homebrewer from Peoria, IL! By day I'm a civil/structural engineer (I just sat for the PE exam last month). Other interests include cigars, woodworking, and of course: beer.

I'm on my third batch this year. I made a robust porter this spring which turned out nice, a kolsch style this summer, and I've got a winter porter sitting in a fermenter right now. I'm doing extract brews right now, but would like to graduate to all grain eventually. Thanks for having such a great resource here!

Hey there! I'm moving back to Quincy in about 2 weeks. It'll be a few months before I get my pipeline back up and running. Once I do maybe we could exchange a few bottles here and there. Grats on passing your exam, and welcome to HBT!

Hey there! I'm moving back to Quincy in about 2 weeks. It'll be a few months before I get my pipeline back up and running. Once I do maybe we could exchange a few bottles here and there. Grats on passing your exam, and welcome to HBT!

Welcome back to the Land of Lincoln! I'm definitely up for that. I don't get batches in too often, and I still just do kits, but I'd be up for trades.

I actually don't know if I passed the exam yet. It takes between 4-8 weeks to get results back, and it's only been a month. I felt pretty good walking out of the exam, so I'm confident. But you never know. I'll be cracking open something special when I do find out.

Wow 4-8 weeks that sucks. When I got my Rn license we had a way to cheat the system so to speak and we would try to pay for another test. If you passed it wouldn't let you pay the money, if it let you, you failed haha. Soon as I got out of the testing place I was calling my roomate having her try to log onto my account and see if it took me to the credit card screen. In my case it didn't let her get to the credit card selection screen and a few weeks later was told I passed... I already knew though haha.

Back