Hello From Northern Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyRN

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Andy, I'm a Nurse in a GI Lab at the local hospital. I'm married with two little girls. I'm a very hands on person. I do my own, electrical, plumbing, construction, tile, etc. The thought of paying someone else for something I could do is fingers on a chalk board for me. For hobbies, I enjoy cigars a couple nights a week, woodworking, and home improvements. The thought of brewing my own beer is very appealing. I bought a bunch of supplies from Midwest brewing. I ended up putting my own kit together as many of the kits either didn't have what I wanted, or too much, or not the right extract kit, or just enough to brew one batch. This way was a lot cheaper and I was able to buy exactly what I wanted, i.e. the brewing style that fits my lifestyle at this time. I will be doing extract single fermentation for now in a plastic bucket. I don't see myself moving on to whole grain for several years, but you never know.

Hello, also in northern Illinois here (Richmond). Read everything you can, ask lots of questions, brew lots of beer. And, take the long view. A couple years from now, after 20 or so batches, as you enjoy a cigar and a fine beer, your early attempts will be fondly-remembered lessons.

Cheers!

ETA: Not that it will take you 20 tries to get it right. But your batting average will go up.

Welcome to this little corner of insanity we fondly call "homebrewing." I'm in Marengo...25 miles east of Rockford.

glenn514:mug:

Back