Hello from Pemberton, NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkPunk

Reaction score
Hi, I'm brand spankin' new to home brewing. I haven't begun at all yet actually, I'm just doing all the research I can before I can get started in May or June, when I return from overseas. I hope to stick around to learn, share knowledge as I gain it, and maybe trade some brews with brewers in my area, once my skills are up to snuff.

:mug:

Thanks, professor. I'm a transplant from California, but I've lived in the area for 3 years or so now. You wouldn't happen to know where there is a home brew store around here, would you? I seem to remember hearing there may be one in the Columbus farmer's market, but I don't know.

North west Jersey here(Warren County) welcome to HBT and good luck with your first batch!! what style are you going to brew 1st? you starting with extract only,partial mash,or All grain?

Welcome, and yes, Princeton Homebrew is the best place in your near area to go. You won't find much at the Columbus Farmer's Market, they tend to steer you toward their online store.

Thanks, professor. I'm a transplant from California, but I've lived in the area for 3 years or so now. You wouldn't happen to know where there is a home brew store around here, would you? I seem to remember hearing there may be one in the Columbus farmer's market, but I don't know.

Wish I could help, but I didn't start brewing until I left Jersey.

Thanks, all for the welcome, and the help! It's too bad the spot in Columbus is no good. I may stop by there anyways, if just for an excuse to hit up the taco truck...

North west Jersey here(Warren County) welcome to HBT and good luck with your first batch!! what style are you going to brew 1st? you starting with extract only,partial mash,or All grain?
It depends on where I get my equipment. If I end up ordering from Midwest, It'll come with a kit, so I'll be brewing their Irish red ale, and if not, I'll probably find an extract recipe for something light and hoppy for summer. I've looked at so many recipes on here it's gotten hard to choose. Starting with extract is the recommended route for neophytes, isn't it?

Welcome, I just left Jersey a few weeks ago. I was stationed at McGuire.
Heh, I'm stationed there now, but right now I'm at the Deid finishing up the tail end of a 6 month.

Welcome! :mug:

I'm originally from Camden and used to live in Browns Mills for a couple of years back in the 80s when I worked at Ft Dix. Then moved to Mt Holly.

I graduated by Burlington CC in 1984 before headig to Trenton St.

I'd help, but I live in IL now.

Heya! I'm in Hamilton NJ, and there is nothing wrong with Joe over at Princeton Home Brew. The guys knows his stuff and will help you to no end get the job done. He's got everything you could want and is a nice guy. Welcome and happy brewing.

Welcome DrunkPunk! I just joined up today also, bout to make my first brews too. I got the superior brew kit from learntobrew.com. They seem like the most reasonable prices online, but you might be able to find stuff locally. Im going to try a partial mash kit from homebrewers outpost. Ill let you know how it goes.

Back