Hello from Orange County, California!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRQuarto

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Charles, and I just started down the slippery slope of homebrewing with my good friend Shant. So far we have one and a half (second one is still in the primary, should be ready soon though!) brews under our belt, and are looking forward to trying some more advanced brews soon here! I'm a huge Allagash fan as a brand, but for beer styles I love stouts, porters, dunkels and anything Belgian. I do enjoy most other beer types, though I am still gaining an appreciation for IPA's and hope that I will embrace the hops fully sooner rather than later, as I know that in order to be a true beer lover this is something you must do. For now I am sticking to extract and specialty grain brewing, though someday I will make the jump to all grain. I'm looking forward to garnering a lot of knowledge and wisdom from these forums, and hopefully I'll make some friends along the way! After all, beer is best enjoyed in company. ;)

Oh, and I am also very into cigars, so if you want to chat about the other love of my life (besides the girlfriend and beer), hit me up!

Welcome! I'm located in Covina(LACo) but spend a great deal of time in Irvine. Glad to have you here

CYPRESS?! Might as well be LA :p I lived in Yorba Linda for 10 years, western OC feels like a completely different place...

Born an raised in HB myself, now living in central NJ (don't ask).

Welcome to HBT! I am also a big fan of cigars, but have taken the winter off from smoking them. Now that spring has arrived, I'm likely to kill the last two boxes of cubans I've got in the humi...

Welcome! I'm down in Irvine myself.

Be sure to check out Stein Fillers on Lakewood by the Long Beach airport. It's the best HBS around. There's another one in Laguna Niguel called O'Shea's but it's kinda pricey and is pretty far away from you.

Welcome, I'm in Foothill Ranch.
I just bottled a Fat Tire clone about a week and a half ago.
This week I'm going to make a Raspberry Wheat :rockin:

Welcome!!

Be sure to check out Stein Fillers on Lakewood by the Long Beach airport. It's the best HBS around.

Stein Fillers is a great place. when we dont want to order online we typically drive the 2 1/2 hours from Bakersfield to go there. We also have gone to Culver city brew, which wasn't quite as large as Stein Fillers, but they let you have a more hands on approach which was fun while you are still doing extracts and specialty kits.

Welcome!!

Stein Fillers is a great place. when we dont want to order online we typically drive the 2 1/2 hours from Bakersfield to go there. We also have gone to Culver city brew, which wasn't quite as large as Stein Fillers, but they let you have a more hands on approach which was fun while you are still doing extracts and specialty kits.

Yeah, I've worked out a pretty good system. I order my yeast (I mainly use dry) and various other supplies like that from Rebel Brewer (they're cheaper), my hops from the cheaphops/Steelers77 guy here or freshops.com, and go to Stein Fillers for pretty much grain only and sometimes odds and ends.

I buy a lot of stuff at Stein Fillers.

Just don't ask them too many questions. You'll get much better advice here on HBT.

shiit wattup...welcome to hbt man.... i grew up in La Palma. GL with brewing...addicting as hell...shoot me a holler if you ever need some help or have questions....lots of great info up on here....and yeah SteinFillers is great place too, just sucks they aint open mon/tuesday and have the wierdest hours...i get grains and the little etc things. Its not the cheapest around but the owner's always been a helpful/nice guy to me.

Welcome! I'm down in Irvine myself.

Be sure to check out Stein Fillers on Lakewood by the Long Beach airport. It's the best HBS around. There's another one in Laguna Niguel called O'Shea's but it's kinda pricey and is pretty far away from you.

Stein Fillers is awesome! We (my buddy Shant and I) both attended their beginners class recently, and are really looking forward to their all grain class in the next few months, even though we aren't even close to that point. Great place, great people and an all around enjoyable experience every time we go there!

CYPRESS?! Might as well be LA :p I lived in Yorba Linda for 10 years, western OC feels like a completely different place...

Haha, I love this city! It still has a smaller city feel to it, which reminds me of how Lakewood used to be growing up.

Hey dude, I live in Fullerton, but work in Cypress. I grew up in Bellflower, right down the street from lakewood! I do all grain, and am building a brew rig right now. Hit me up if you wanna brew!

Latest posts

Back