Hello from Norcal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverSword

Reaction score
Greetings!

I am new to the forum and pretty new to brewing, but by no means new to the brew. I'm sure this is the place to find nerds about beer, that's pretty much where I'm at. I love a good beer tasting but have never really brewed before, but I'll be starting my first solo project in just a few weeks, I'm so excited!

So I'm making a brown ale to start with, does that sound like a good one to start with?

Thanks for the input!

SS

Welcome! Brown Ale is a great choice for a first brew, but it all depends on what you like to drink. That's the beauty of the hobby: brew what you like!
:mug:

Welcome to the addiction. Where in NorCal are you?

Up near Chico. I just moved here and I really like it. Just got to Sierra Nevada for the first time and had the sampler... really out of this world **** that they only have on tap there.

Up near Chico. I just moved here and I really like it. Just got to Sierra Nevada for the first time and had the sampler... really out of this world **** that they only have on tap there.

Right on, well PM me next time you're in town and I'll buy you a beer! Actually, the Chico Home Brew Club is meeting at 6pm this Thursday. They meet on the mezzanine right above the gift shop, and I usually grab a pint and some food before heading to the meeting.

I just moved from Durham (which is near Chico if you didn't know) down to southern California (thousand oaks to be exact)
I'm assuming you bought your supplies from the homebrew shop in Chico. That place is awesome!

Back