Hello from NE Tennessee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingwmelon

Reaction score
Just got into this hobby and am already addicted. My first batch is in primary is a B.B. IPA. Been in there for 4 days. The airlock stopped bubbling sometime last night. Took the first reading tonight was 1.015. O.G. was 1.045. am hoping that it goes down a little but directions state a final of 1.012 as an expected. I tasted what i stole for the gravity reading and it does not taste too bad. Of coarse it was flat but it had a nice taste. No unwanted bitterness or foul taste to it. I will probably rack to secondary on Friday and age for another week in that then bottle and wait and wait. Hopefully I will not "taste test" it all before it has bottle aged. Next up is going to be an American APA. I am thinking of adding some raspberry puree to the primary but not sure if I am ready to start tinkering before I am positive of my basic skills.
Thanks for reading this long winded intro. I look forward to gaining knowledge from all here.

Welcome aboard!! almost move to Mt juliet area a few years back..Would like to live in TN one year!Love it down there

Welcome :mug:
Don't bother racking to a secondary, it will be fine where it's at.
I rarely secondary, unless I make something big that needs a longer rest before bottling.

Back